Cynde has worked with celebrities such as Angela Bassett, Giselle Bundchen, Tyson Beckford, Lauren Conrad and many more.
With 15 years of experience backed behind her, Cynde truly has made her mark on the beauty industry.
1. What inspired you to go into the beauty field as a make-up artist?
I am inspired by faces. The differences, dimension and the challenge to solve the beauty concerns of each of my clients and put a smile on their face. I’m an artist. I paint and sketch portraits and have always been creative and love mixing and blending colors. I became a model and none of the makeup artist could ever get my makeup right. My skin was either ashy or too dark and several makeup artist would tell me I didn’t need makeup only because they didn’t know what to do with my face. I started doing my own makeup for photo shoots and fashion shows and some of the other models would ask me do theirs. I started assisting top makeup artist and the rest is history.
2. What are your go-to products that you always keep as your make-up kit staples? Why are these products among your favorites?
- 3LAB: “Hydra Day Water Based SPF 20” - This product hydrates my client’s skin without leaving the surface of the skin feeling heavy and oily. “WW Eye Cream” Perfect under makeup moisturizes the under eye area and provides the perfect slip.
- SKINDINAVIA: “No More Shine” Makeup Finishing Spray” - I use this product as a primer and an over makeup finisher. It helps control oil keeps makeup from settling into fine lines and wrinkles and keeps skin cool so it stays put for up to 12 hours. I also use SKINDINAVIA “10 Years Younger” Makeup Finishing Spray”- I also use this product as a primer and an over makeup finisher. It helps give the skin a radiant glow and keeps makeup from settling into fine lines and wrinkles as well as keeps skin cool so it stays put for up to 12 hours.
- COLOR BY CYNDE WATSON: “Corrector & Concealer Pencil” -This product has a pink/peach corrector on one end to diminish the appearance of dark shadows under the eyes and a concealer on the other end to layer over or mix with the corrector for a brighter more lifted look under the eyes.“Translucent Finishing Powder" . I love the way this powder leaves the skin vibrant and not ashy. It absorbs oil and doesn’t change the color of the makeup on face, eyes, lips and cheeks. “Volumizing & Lengthing Mascara” - Great buildable mascara that is VERY BLACK and doesn’t flake or smudge and removes with ease.
- TEMPTU: “AIRbrush Makeup System” -LOVE this makeup system and the easy to use makeup pods that pop on and off with ease. I get FLAWLESS foundation, highlighting and blush results in minutes.
- SHU UEMURA: “False Eyelashes”- What I love most about the Shu Uemura false eyelashes is the quality and range. They range from very natural looking to total glam! “Makeup Brushes”
- MARK.: “Kiss Dry Goodbye: A lightweight lip softener that hydrates the lips and doesn’t interfere with lip color.
3. What beauty trend are you loving right now and why?
I’m loving the LUMINOUS SKIN trend because “Great Makeup starts with GREAT Skin” I also love the return to Bold lip color.
3LAB note: We're loving this Spring 2010 luminous skin/ bold lip look:
Take care of your skin. Cleanse, moisturize and use sun protection year around. Nothing looks better then beautiful radiant skin!
Cynde, Thank you for taking the time to give our readers your expert beauty advice!